Senior Finance Analyst
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Mar 1, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The Senior Specialist is a member of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in Human Health (HH) Finance of our Company. The specialist is to be business partner for HH commercial teams to broadly support to & collaborate with them for budgeting, forecasting, analysis or investment. The specialist also collaborates with Reporting team in FP&A, inputting insights from the stakeholders for accurate forecasting and analysis.
Primary Activities / Responsibilities
- Establish close relationship between business partners including their commercial leaders, through daily communication and supports.
- Support budgeting and reforecasting of Sales, Promotion and Daily Expenses for business partners (Budget: once a year. Reforecast: 2-3 times every year). Prepare templates with Reporting team, coordinate commercial leaders’ reviews, verify partners’ inputs, support their presentation to commercial leaders.
- Analyze monthly variance between budget/reforecast of Sales, Promotion and Daily Expenses, and input to Reporting team for analysis report.
- Being familiar with financial tools such as SAP and other internally developed systems to investigate variances and verify forecast accuracy.
- Have business acumen through daily communication with partners. Join monthly catch up with commercial leaders, present monthly/ quarterly financial performance, and obtain their insights.
- Support business partners’ decisions providing accurate analysis, due-diligence, and insights.
- Find risk and opportunities for Sales outlook and cost/investment management.
- Our Company has transformed into Agile organization from 2020. In Agile organization, commercial teams form Squads (similar to project teams) with assignment from each function, and focus on quarterly objectives setting KPI, to achieve company’s/team’s priorities and flexibly respond environment changes, managing resource reallocation.
- FP&A team is part of Agile organization as Decision Support Chapter. As a part of Agile organization, the specialist adopts to Agile ways of working. Also understand partner’s quarterly priorities attending their weekly reviews and support their resource reallocation.
- Basic understanding on Accounting skill / background (Japanese bookkeeping certification grade 2-3 level, or equivalent)
- Working experience in Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for 2-3 years
- Intermediate or Advanced skills for financial data management – experience of SAP or other major ERP, Excel.
- Intermediate skills for PPT.
- English communication in verbal/presentation/writing (Business fluency)
- Working experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in pharmaceutical industries
- Intermediate skills of business intelligence tool such as Power BI
- Project management skill
- Strong analytical skills of financials /business plans, assumptions, act vs plans
- Quick catching up and natural curiosity to understand commercial scheme/practices of our Company/Pharmaceutical industry in Japan.
- Be flexible and comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Ability to challenge, to think out of the box to propose and implement effective business solutions.
- Effective at working with cross-functional project teams with an emphasis on collective achievements. Be energetic, forward-looking, influential with strong curiosity on diverse topics
- financial controlling, finance analysis, FPA, Pharma
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥8M - 11M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
1050021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.