Senior Finance Analyst (FPA)
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 11, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The specialist is primarily responsible for financial analysis & planning (FP&A) of our business, collaborating with commercial stakeholders. He/she also assumes other selected responsibilities in finance team, such as accounting-related and financial operation tasks. As a start-up member of our company, he/she is expected to lean into challenges to building financial and operational process with entrepreneurial mindset.
The Senior Specialist is a member of finance team. The specialist is primarily responsible for financial analysis & planning (FP&A) of our business, collaborating with commercial stakeholders. He/she also assumes other selected responsibilities in finance team, such as accounting-related and financial operation tasks. As a start-up member of our company, he/she is expected to lean into challenges to building financial and operational process with entrepreneurial mindset.
Primary Activities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall financial forecasting process - managing assumptions and data for sales, headcount and operating expense
- Prepare various management reports (e.g. financial summary, commentary, outlook, etc.) to local and global stakeholders on a regular basis
- Prepare analysis of data/assumptions and management review materials for budget reviews
- Partner with commercial stakeholders to track financial performance, analyze variance and discuss/ensure forecasting assumptions
- Support financial closing, collaborating with accounting and other finance counterparts.
- Develop financial analysis and modeling in terms of business development and partnership scenarios
- Co-work with business support center staffs at international locations who assist data management, delivering forecast submission and regular reporting
- Proactively engage in process development and improvement (e.g. financial and demand forecasting, management reporting, tool development) in aligned with global standards and local needs
- Also responsible for other selected finance roles than FP&A, such as accounting and financial operation area.
- Understanding on accounting knowledge and background (Japanese bookkeeping certification grade 2 level, or equivalent)
- Working experience in FP&A and/or accounting area for 3+ years
- Proficiency in mid / advance function of Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding and experience working with financial systems (e.g. SAP, BPC)
- English communication in verbal/presentation/writing (business fluency)
Preferred Skills/ Qualification
- Working experience in pharmaceutical industries is a plus
- Intermediate or advanced skills for financial data management – experience of Macro/Access/Power BI/Power Query
- Project management skill
- Strong analytical skills of financials /business plans, assumptions, act vs plans
- Strong communication skills to build channels and relationship with stakeholders
- Quick catching up and natural curiosity to understand commercial scheme/practices of the company and pharmaceutical industry
- Willing to challenge status quo and actively seeking innovative ways of improving productivity
- Be flexible and comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Effective at working with cross-functional project teams with an emphasis on collective achievements. Be energetic, forward-looking, influential with strong curiosity on diverse topics
- financial controlling, finance analysis, FPA
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥8M - 12M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.