General Accounting Manager
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Jul 11, 2022
- Job type
- Career level
Reporting to the Finance Director of Eurofins Japan, this person will be responsible for leading a team within Finance to oversee and lead several functional areas, provide technical guidance for the entire Finance and lead transformational initiatives towards the goal to become a best-in-class organization.
Eurofins Japan NSC (National Service Center) is a company that provides Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, and Administrative Services to all businesses of Eurofins Japan Group. Eurofins Japan Group is an industry leader in the area of laboratory testing and is comprised of a diverse and dynamic business portfolio of about 20 legal entities, 5-6 major business lines, and over 900 employees with aggressive growth plans for the next few years.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage up to 5 staff
- Be the source of technical guidance for the entire Finance Team.
- Preparation of monthly P/L and B/S based on IFRS and company requirements
- Lead completion of monthly/quarterly reporting package to HQ
- Handle audits by external and internal auditors
- Work with other Finance teams, other teams within NSC, businesses, and other departments as required to improve financial processes and comply with all internal control/audit requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with FP&A team with regards to various tasks such as preparation of budget vs actual reports, expense processing, CAPEX management, payroll and headcount analysis, and ad hoc requests from local management and HQ.
- Active role in the implementation of new ERP system and standardized processes
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from global/regional offices.
- Provide coaching/training to finance staff. Promote a culture to change/grow
This position will enable candidates to
- Gain hands-on experience to apply and further strengthen technical knowledge of finance
- Gain an in-depth understanding of working in a dynamic, global atmosphere across a broad range of businesses
- Future rotation to other teams of Finance within 2 years will be available based on the skills and performance of the candidate.
- Gain experience of a team undergoing a transformation towards a “best practice” finance organization
- A fluent level of Business English skills in speaking, writing, and reading is a must
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Past experience at an auditing firm
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment and comfortable in handling uncertainty or the lack of established precedence
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with businesses and various stakeholders
- Management, internal controls, accounting
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥10M - 12M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
1050021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.