COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGER
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 8, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The position of compensation and benefits manager consists of planning, directing, or coordinating compensation and benefits activities and staff of an organization.
• Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
• Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop a competitive compensation plan.
• Design, evaluate and modify benefit policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements.
• Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
• Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations.
• Identify and implement benefits to increase the quality of life for employees, by working with brokers and researching benefit issues.
• Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefit selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Prepare budgets for personnel operations.
• Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
Qualifications and requirements
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
• Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Competencies (in order of importance)
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others
- benefits administration, employee benefits design
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥7M - 10M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.