Risk Assurance Manager
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 7, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Risk Assurance Manager
- The client is the second largest pharmaceutical market with complete end to end business functions and representation by most functions in the company (Commercial, R&D, Manufacturing and Support function).
- The Risk Assurance Manager will provide an internal control environment for the finance organization which assures compliance and protections the reputation and profits of the company
- The Risk Assurance Manager will report to Japan CFO (native English speaker) and work with business process owners closely. He/She will provide a hands-on approach to improve the governance, risk management and compliance of operations. The manager will use a framework and processes to identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems.
- The Risk Assurance Manager should be highly perceptive and methodical. He/She will have the ability to communicate effectively and present plans in a convincing way to both leaders and peers.
- More specific roles and responsibilities are below:
- Main contact for MCAAS internal control across the company
- Maintain ERM Program design, execution and management. Develop risk management controls and systems
- Coordinating development and management of organization BCP
- Drive continuous improvement through timely remediation of audit finding with business process owners
- Grant of Authority (GOA) Lead for Japan. Main contact for GOA, responsible for managing updates, awareness training and communication to the organization
- Collaborate with internal controllers of other markets, regional and global teams to maintain/improve control environment by sharing best practices and building communities of practices
- Conduct self-assessments to define and analyze possible risks
- Making recommendations on improving specific controls and the overall control environment
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures to find weakness. Collaborate with IC and business stakeholder to strengthen those policies
- Help implement alternative innovative solutions and plans to enhance controls and drive operational efficiencies
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and train them when necessary
- Present and report risks and mitigating actions to senior leaders and peers.
- People manager of PMO specialist. Overall responsibility for PMO service delivery to finance organization.
Required Knowledge & Skills and Other Core Competencies / Knowledge / Skill
- Embody our Company’s values and vision, and be aware of and in adherence to the company Policies and Procedures
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- High integrity and strong responsibility for the job
- Team player with strong leadership / influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented, analytical and logical
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Understanding of information technology and ability to use various applications and systems (e.g. SAP, Data Analytical Software (Spotfire), risk management / audit program software)
- Excel & PowerPoint: need proficiency in mid / advanced functions. Written and spoken business fluency in Japanese and English
- More than 5 years’ experience in controls assurance, risk management, compliance experience with a professional services/consulting firm or multi-national corporations (CIA, CPA are preferable)
- Big 4 Audit & Assurance firm experience as an auditor and/or internal audit manager in a large commercial organization
- Pharmaceutical or regulated industry experience preferable
- Experience working with global and local teams
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration
CPA / CIA
- Team Management, internal controls, assurance, cpa, Audit,, Risk
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- ¥12M - 16M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.