Associate Director, Procurement
Lead Consulting Group Saitama, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 8, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Job performance: Views: 859 Applications: 0 Bookmarks: 0
- The procurement Associate Director is responsible for setting strategic and operating objectives for procurement functions in our Saitama office, to ensure the facility maximizes the capabilities to execute procurement strategies and solutions and to ensure that supply lines are established to support budget and growth plans.
- Responsible for executing strategic and operating objectives for the procurement function, with key activities including, but not limited to product sourcing, supply risk management, supplier performance improvement, cost reduction, supplier diversity development, working capital improvement, and supplier relationship management. Scope is all spent including both direct and indirect materials/services used at the facility.
- As a member of the Facility Leadership team, Procurement Associate Director is responsible for leading the facility’s activities by setting facility business goals, managing operations, developing talent, and so on by collaborating with other Leadership members.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in strategic sourcing or related roles.
- University degree in Engineering/Supply Chain/Material Management/Procurement related field strongly preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree and/or relevant certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of Procurement related business processes.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
- Demonstrate strong skill of supplier management and stakeholder engagement and coordination.
- Demonstrate strong leadership; Processes ability to collaborate widely across the local site, with affiliates and regional/global teams. Must be able to build strong relationships, coach and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical or Health Care Industry is an added advantage.
- Business Level English (written and verbal)
- Category experience desirable.
- Experience in international business desirable
- Management, business strategy
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥13M - 16M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.