R&D Associate Procurement Director
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Sep 9, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
R&D Associate Procurement Director
Our Company’s Japan Research & Development Division Procurement Team is an organization with the common objective of compliant, competitive, and innovative acquisition of goods & services from leading suppliers and partners that deliver a competitive advantage to our company. Also, it is a part of the Global Procurement function and closely works with JCAP (Japan, China, and the Asia Pacific) and global Procurement colleagues.
The Associate Director of our Japan Research & Development Division Procurement is responsible for
1) Manage global or regional sourcing strategies, across the indirect categories of spend, at all our global company sites. The categories of activity include but are not limited to Clinical (including CRO, Central Labs, Clinical Trial Specialty Services, etc.), Discovery Preclinical Services, Research, Lab suppliers, and Equipment. The person will develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders and external suppliers. The person oversees the implementation of the category plan to ensure the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
2) Project management with the responsibility to simplify processes, drive operational excellence and implement the transformation program for the whole Procurement organization in line with the GSMG, GHH, and Japan strategies. The person will take an active role in the development of procurement strategy, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management process.
Primary activities include but are not limited to:
1. Leadership - As a key leader of Japan Research categories of spend, responsible to develop and then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance, and delivery of required business performance.
2. Procurement Leadership - Provide the leadership, strategy, and policy for the category building a high-performance engagement model with the business and regions.
3. Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery.
4. Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
5. Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders, external suppliers, Procurement colleagues out of Japan.
6. Change Management - Adopt high-quality change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing an organization that is sustainable.
7. Supplier Value Management - Implement Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers in this category to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement.
Over 7 years or more of Procurement experience in large size company
Experiences to work for a multinational company or work in a diversified environment
Able to work with internal customers to realize their needs with the most optimized cost.
Able to represent Japan position strongly in English to Global / Regional Procurement peers
Strong communication skills both in Japanese (Native Japanese level) and English (TOEIC 800 or above)
Ability to think and express logically
- Supply Chain Management, supply chain, supply management, purchasing, global sourcing, materials management, procurement, e procurement
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- ¥14M - 17M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.