TREASURER AND CONTROLLER
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 11, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The position of treasurer and controller consists of directing financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
• Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
• Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
• Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
• Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
• Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
• Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
Qualifications and requirements
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
• Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- financial reporting, financial analysis, internal controls
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥7M - 10M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.