Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Jun 5, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Directly reports to Senior Tax Manager; management lead for the cross-sector Tax Center in Japan; lead 3 FTE team to deliver expected results as well as develop them as tax professionals.
- Work closely with Business Unit Finance (BUF) of four sectors (Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Vision, and Consumer), Local/Regional Global Services (GS), and Business Support Center of Excellence (BS CoE) within each business sector.
- Responsible for process oversight and review of direct tax filings within stipulated timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with GS and Global Tax team, making sure all deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting are being maintained.
- Supervision of timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Tax forecasting/accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls and support in SOX audits.
- Lead in cross-sectors tax-driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Support the line manager, BUF, and other colleagues on local transfer pricing matters.
- Handle the relationships with external tax authorities and consultants.
- Standardize and streamline processes across sectors.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with BUF, GS, and other business partners.
Assignment and Planning of Work
- Much of the work is providing advice and support to the Japanese legal entities, working within their timetables and both internal and external reporting deadlines; the work can be of a non-routine nature with the timing of advisory projects governed by business needs and accordingly it is necessary to be agile to cope with these demands alongside other deadlines.
- There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines and reporting requirements to peers; therefore, a strength to balance conflicting priorities is essential. There will be extra demands around the quarterly/year-end reporting and tax return deadlines as well as US tax reporting deadlines.
- Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with changing legislation developments.
Other Working Relationships
- Develop close working relationships with all partners (Finance Directors, local and regional finance organizations, Tax Center peers in ASPAC, etc.).
- Collaborate with Global Tax colleagues around the world.
- Cooperate with other business teams across the region and worldwide as and when required, e.g. Supply Chain, Legal, Payroll, HR.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required
- Tax qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA, or US CPA is a plus).
- At least 10 years of Japanese tax experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international tax firm.
- Competent to work independently and be influential.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Capability to lead a team as a great teammate.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Ability to convey complex issues to non-tax colleagues and provide practical advice.
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude.
- cpa, tax accounting, tax
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥10M - 14M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.