Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 4, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
- Medical Devices / Health Science
The purchasing staff will be performing assignments related to all the purchasing activities in each Business Units and each Legal Entities in Japan, in line with the global purchasing strategies;
- Handling the entire purchasing portfolio in Japan, in close coordination with the Business and Group Category Managers. With end responsibility for purchasing service delivery to the laboratory and Savings delivery on the full portfolio.
- Driving compliance and governance around the Procurement to Pay process with all Eurofins entities.
- Effectively partner with key stakeholders to understand the laboratory business requirements, align on goals and drive sourcing initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and drive sourcing initiatives that generate value and cost efficiencies.
- Leading the sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, …) with the support of technical experts, including negotiations with suppliers.
- Executing cost and price analyses on proposals and quotations, submitting results of analysis and making recommendations for awarding Local contracts in cooperation with category Management teams
- Influence and lead the change management (including set-up of test plans) to ensure sourcing practices, processes and tools are adopted across the organization.
- Ensure proper Contract & Supplier Relationship Management.
- Stay abreast on market trends. Gains insight into industry best practices and procedures as well as benchmark best practices for category management.
- Review and resolve any discrepancies with supplier grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Pro-active communication and sharing of best practices with other Purchasing teams.
- Drive standardization of equipment and rationalization of the supplier base, in close conjunction with your internal stakeholders in Japan.
- Deliver timely reporting (captured spend, savings, payment terms …) to management and Group purchasing.
- Drive the roll-out of standard sourcing and procurement system (Coupa) and processes.
- Rigorous and strong analytical skills
- Negotiation, communication, coordination and influencing skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Dynamic and ambitious personality with a high energy level
- Very structured, with a strong sense of responsibility and team spirit
- Self-starter, ownership, and natural drive to get things done
University Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent
Japanese (Fluent), English (Fluent)
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in purchasing, including purchasing data analysis, making purchasing strategies, RFI/RFQ, negotiations, and suppliers management
- Execution of contract (e.g. purchasing agreement, supply agreement, maintenance agreement) is a plus
- Knowledge of Coupa is a plus
- Project management is a plus
- Desktop/ PC proficiency including Microsoft Office, specifically: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Management
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- ¥5M - 8M
Lead Consulting Group
Medical Devices / Health Science
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.