Public Relations Associate Director
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- May 19, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Public Relations Associate Director
- Develop, implement, and assess strategic external communications plans related to the company and diseases in line with business objectives.
- Handle risk management communications
- Handle strategic media relations.
- Develop, implement, and assess corporate branding strategies.
- Develop, implement, and assess social media strategies.
- Use and run owned media (corporate website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), develop content.
- Develop, implement, and assess communications plans related to policies.
- Develop, implement, and assess internal communications plans (handling communications about internal initiatives, communications for enhancing employee engagement, internal awareness-raising activities, etc.)
- Develop, implement, and assess executive communications plans (arranging press conferences, individual interviews, and company-wide meetings, distributing president messages, etc.)
- Periodically collect information and strengthen relations with US head office and relevant departments.
- Develop, implement, and assess CSR strategies.
- Collaborate strategically and effectively with third parties such as PR agencies and move forward with and manage projects adequately.
Required knowledge, skills, and another core competency.
- Knowledge and experience related to communication theory and project management.
- Analyze: Ability to collect internal and external information promptly and effectively and understand situations adequately to enable effective communications activities and provide input to your own and other relevant departments.
- Design, develop and implement: Ability to design, develop, and implement internal and external communications plans that support strategies for the company and relevant departments Communicate: Ability to state your own opinions actively and logically in writing and orally and win the understanding and support of internal and external stakeholders.
- Build relationships: Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and employees within your department.
- Solve problems: Ability to suggest solutions to complex problems based on your own knowledge and experience and by considering prior cases.
- Manage risks: Ability to collect information about potential risks and suggest measures to prevent and address incidents.
- Leadership and team-building skills: Ability to demonstrate leadership to implement communications programs effectively where multiple stakeholders work together; Ability to think, suggest, and act proactively.
- Ability to understand relevant laws, regulations, and company rules required for operations and apply them to your own tasks.
- Ability to execute multiple complex tasks effectively at certain speed.
- Skills to create and read documents, discuss, and give presentations both in Japanese and English.
- Basic understanding of corporate branding and social contribution activities
- Willingness to learn and grow (Focus to be on medium- to long-term growth potential)
- Flexibility to enjoy and adapt to changes.
Work experience: mandatory requirements
- 7+ yrs of communications experience at company, agency, industry organization, non-profit organization, etc.
Work experience: nice to have.
- Communications experience at pharmaceutical company
- Experience at media or advertising agency
- Communications using social media; editing in Japanese, English.
- Communications experience at global company
Academic background, specialization
- Undergraduate degree in any field
- pharmaceutical industry, pr, communication and presentation skills
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥12M - 15M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.