IT Senior Specialist
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Jul 1, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
This position will be part of the International Research & Development IT organization which supports the areas of Discovery and Pre-Clinical Research, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs, Real World Evidence in the following regions: Latin America (LA), Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Japan, China and the Asia Pacific (JCAP).
The position will be operating from Japan, Tokyo, and the incumbent will take on the role of Research & Development IT – Senior Business Analyst for Japan. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving IT initiatives across different R&D in Regulatory Affairs areas by bridging R&D and IT teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the single point of contact and provide business analysis support to specific R&D teams e.g. Clinical Research, the Regulatory Affairs team., Pharmacovigilance, and Medical Affairs.
- Shape and influence the R&DRegulatory Affairs business strategy. Work with Research & Development Regulatory Affairs business stakeholders to understand their requirements for new systems and translate the needs into innovative IT solutions.
- Minimize the total cost of IT system ownership by leveraging a suite of global, regulatory compliant applications wherever possible.
- Drive value delivery through close collaboration Collaborate with Research & Development IT team members, country IT teams, other IT teams e.g. our IT Hubs in Branchburg, Singapore, and Prague to deliver IT solutions
- Take ownership of IT products or solutions and drive from planning through implementation to operations
- Participate in innovative experiments and identify potential areas for business process improvement to increase our MRL business partners productivity
- Lead Agile teams or manage external partners
All activities must be conducted in compliance with company policies and standards, as well as regional and country-specific regulations
Travel will be required (~10%)
Education and Skills Required
- Degree or advanced degree in Science or Computer related field
- Minimum Experience Required
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience or knowledge in at least one of the Pharmaceutical R&D domains (e.g. Clinical Research, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs)
- Experience with large scale IT systems
- Experience with Agile IT organizations is preferred
- Good business acumen, with proven ability to understand business processes in detail – both at global and region/country levels – and translate these into requirements
- Excellent Japanese and English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven leadership skills are preferred
- Ability to work and lead in international and intercultural teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate appropriately and confidently with other colleagues and navigate a complex matrix environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimum direction, a proactive approach
- analysis, it, Agile
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥6M - 10M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.