Commercial Innovation Associate Director
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 26, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Commercial Innovation Associate Director drives profitable growth by enabling and transforming operating capabilities and deliver world class operating results at our Animal Health Japan. As member of the local Leadership Team (LT), the position holder works closely with the Business Units and other support functions and maintains close working relationship with functional leads of APSA Region.
The position holder focuses on the following areas:
• Overseeing distributor and trade channel management with particular attention
on streamlining supply channels and harmonizing efforts for smooth and timely
supply for the market, leading gross to net activities and assessing financial
and account management levers;
• Go-to-Market models, including capability and structure assessment and
enabling digital transformation of internal processes to build stronger
commercial competencies at our Animal Health Japan;
• Serving as local lead for driving strategic partnership and commercial
alliances including establishing alliance management capabilities;
• Leading sales force excellence with standardized metrics, SIP, segmentation
& targeting approaches and supporting the digital transition in sales and
To support these objectives, the Logistics & Distribution Manager and the
Commercial Excellence specialist manager will work closely with the position
holder reporting directly to him.
In order to achieve these goals with success, the position holder is
responsible for the following activities:
- Supply & Trade Channel Management:
• Developing & implementing with success the Wholesaler Strategy in Japan
• Streamlining the internal
processes for proper supply, inventory, customer services and reporting.
• Enhancing the alignment
between CMO, Logistics, Quality Control and Distribution activities for smooth
and timely product deliveries to customers.
• Taking a major role in development and execution of local Commercial Policies
with clear eligibility criteria for wholesalers on special pricing, discounts,
and product rebates.
• Initiating Strategic
Partnership with selected wholesalers/distributors and
other market players for pro-active competitor management, optimal product
supply & resource allocation, as well as data insight and market
- Commercial Excellence:
• Define & implement Sales Force Effectiveness strategies, including
information on customers, based on a fully functioning MAXX System in the
• Define & support Sales Force Development Programs, including training
programs based on the required competencies for each function.
• Design and roll-out of Account Management Excellence within Animal Health
Japan, including the Consultative Selling process.
• Take the lead in innovation and non-traditional value-added services, being
responsible for the roll-out of technical-based consultative selling process at
the company and the effective support for the Business Units in launching the
volume-based, tailored pricing for end-users (Our Animal Health Partner
• Company-related internal & external communication & PR activities
The position holder is also a member of the Japan Animal Health Leadership Team
(LT), and in this role, he actively participates in the strategy development,
is aware of the main business initiatives of other functions, contributing
effectively to the team decisions and holds partial accountability for the
business success of the entire our Animal Health Team in Japan.
• Minimum University degree. MBA would be considered an advantage.
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
• Managerial experience of minimum 3 years.
- business strategy, corporate finance, pharmaceutical industry, innovation management
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- ¥17M - 20M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.