Accountant – Finance - Tokyo
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Dec 12, 2022
- Job type
- Career level
- Reporting to the General Accounting Manager of the Finance Department of Eurofins NSC Japan, this person will be responsible for all aspects of fixed asset and tax-related accounting and reporting.
- Eurofins Japan NSC (National Service Center) is a company that provides Finance, HR, Legal, Purchasing, and Administrative services to all businesses of Eurofins Japan Group. Eurofins Japan Group is an industry leader in the area of laboratory testing and is comprised of a diverse and dynamic business portfolio of about 20 legal entities, 5-6 major business lines, and over 900 employees with aggressive growth plans for the next few years.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Hands-on day-to-day accounting and related activities
- Be the source of technical guidance for the entire Finance Team.
- Prepare entries and data for monthly closing based on IFRS and company requirements
- Handle audits by external and internal auditors
- Work with other Finance teams, other teams within NSC, businesses, and other departments as required to improve financial processes and comply with all internal control/audit requirements.
- Collaborate effectively with the FP&A team with regard to various tasks such as preparation of budget vs actual reports, CAPEX management, and ad hoc requests from local management and HQ.
- Leading role in the implementation of new fixed asset system and process improvements initiatives in the fixed asset and tax areas
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from global/regional offices.
- Involvement in various projects as needed
- Responsible for fixed asset-related accounting and tax where scope includes proper
- CAPEX/OPEX accounting, depreciation, leases, asset inventory, ARO, LHI, and other related items.
- Handle tax matters related to fixed assets
- Implement fixed asset module in Oracle(Net suite) and maintain continuously.
This position will enable the candidate to
- Gain hands-on experience to apply and further strengthen technical knowledge of finance
- Gain an in-depth understanding of working in a dynamic, global atmosphere across a broad range of businesses
- Future rotation opportunities to other teams in Finance will be available based on the skills and performance of the candidate.
- Gain experience of a team undergoing a transformation towards a “best practice” finance organization
- A fluent level of Business English skills in speaking, writing, and reading is a must
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Past experience at an auditing firm preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt well in a fast-paced environment and comfortable in handling uncertainty or the lack of established precedence
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with businesses and various stakeholders
- accounts receivable, financial reporting, general ledger, accounts payable
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥5M - 8M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments, and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services.