WAITER OR WAITRESS
APS Recruitment Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 24, 2020
- Job type
- Career level
- Tourism / Hospitality
The position of waiter or waitress consists of taking orders and serving food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment.
• Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
• Collect payments from customers.
• Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
• Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
• Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Serve food or beverages to patrons and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
• Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- JPY 3M - 5M