TREASURER AND CONTROLLER
APS Recruitment Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 24, 2020
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The position of treasurer and controller consists of directing financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
• Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
• Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
• Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
• Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
• Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
• Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
Qualifications and requirements
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
• Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥7M - 10M