Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Oct 7, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
Missions and Responsibilities
Project and Proposal schedule:
- Be responsible for scheduling, sequencing, prioritization, and monitoring project schedule performance
- Lead the creation and implementation of the integrated schedule structure for the projects and proposal of the center.
- Provides a resource-loaded (and leveled) project schedule that clearly identifies critical path and float areas.
- Monitors collect and enter progress on a regular basis for the projects they represent.
- Collaborates with Project Managers & Engineers to define schedule requirements and confirm lead times for new orders.
- Collaborated with other centers, and customers to manage project integrated schedule.
- Determines priorities to match supply and demand to achieve customer contract obligations and operational business goals.
- Maintains the integrated schedule during the project life cycle monitoring progress and incorporating the management of change modifications to the original scope as necessary
Center scheduling activity:
- Develop and manage the master schedule for the projects/proposal of the center.
- Monitor and evaluate and provide monthly project results (deliverable delay, resource constraint, on-time shipments, etc.)
- Overseeing the Project and Proposal schedules and work to resolve resource shortages, backlogs, delays, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Participate in Operations and projects review meetings, to support resolution of complex issues requiring an in-depth evaluation of variable factors related to schedule, and constraints.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all disciplines, including proposal and engineering to ensure a cooperative approach to the resolution of scheduling problems.
- Develop and maintain procedures related to project and proposal planning in line with the strategy of the center and global guidelines.
- Develop schedule models to support effective project/proposal planning
- Support development and implementation of improved planning systems (P6, Multicenter)
Reports functionally to the Project Managers and hierarchically to the Project Department Manager.
Competencies and Profile
The scheduler must have as Key competencies:
- 5~10 years working experience in an EPC company in related;
- Current and demonstrated experience (3~5 years) in building schedules with MS Project in an EPC organization.
- Deep knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning work processes in an EPC company.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to review and understand project work, quantities, and costs, the accuracy of specifications, completeness, and constructability.
- Effective verbal and written communication, with good mediation skills. Must be collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Japanese speaker, and fluent in English for internal/external communication
- Primavera P6 experience is a plus for this position
- Understand project estimates and have the ability to implement the elements of estimate into the project schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- An engineering or Construction Management degree is a plus
- Management, teamwork, business communication skills
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥5M - 8M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.