Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Jan 12, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
Missions and Responsibilities
Responsible for the performance of the engineering team within the project organization. The Project Engineer (PE) has three major key functions:
- Organizing the engineering activities for the small to large scale project execution
- Supervision and coordination of the engineering activities,
- Managing of internal and external interfaces of the project.
The PE significantly contributes to the overall project success and is responsible for:
- Leading the engineering team and ensures completeness of the engineering/design deliverables following the quality process in place and design reviews.
- Organizing the Engineering activities and defining the suitable engineering strategy to achieve projects objectives
- Besides full-time responsibility for the performance of the engineering team, the PE has an overall responsibility that is not limited to the engineering phase. The PE’s ownership reaches until acceptance of the plant.
- Managing the interfaces between the disciplines as well as between own and third-party supplied engineering and the client’s design representative.
- Ensuring the approval of all Project Technical Documents through project governance and ensuring adherence to company policies, processes, and procedures at both local and global levels.
- Aligning all multi-discipline engineering activities by implementing various defined GATE processes (defined in various discipline-specific checklists) in a project to enable smooth and error-free passage of engineering phase to further procurement and construction phases.
- Being the focal point to capture, track and mitigate technical risks, changes and hold points during the complete execution of the engineering phase of a project. PE will contribute, by continuously challenging the existing processes, in the early detection of non-compliance and non-conformities.
- Ensuring quality of engineering deliverables and material supply according to contract requirements
- Providing realistic and reliable forecasts on man-hour consumption, quantities, cost, achievement of milestones, and freezing dates
- Managing man-hour consumption, quantities, cost, achievement of milestones, and freezing dates and deviations
- For the execution of the project, the PE shall demonstrate strong technical expertise, strong management, and leadership capability. The PE shall also demonstrate ownership for Health Safety and Environmental matters.
Competencies and Profile
- Master's degree in Instrumentation or Chemical Engineering, superior grades
- 3~5+ years experience in a plant engineering company as project engineer/project manager with project coordination. Gas and Hydrogen process knowledge would be appreciated.
- Fluent in Japanese, and English.
- Good understanding of the engineering function, cost basis, and requirements within EPC projects
- Eager to work in a multicultural team, high level of mobility - willingness to travel for short term business trips to plants under construction and operation worldwide and other engineering centers;
- Strong ability in technical matters with an emphasis on safe, compliant, reliable, efficient, and practical solutions
- High communication skills, acts in an open, transparent, and consistent manner, considering the interests and perspectives of others; behaves within the norms of local, legal, social, and business environments
- Anticipates and takes initiative to overcome challenges and barriers; reprioritizes as appropriate
- Maintains develops and applies technical or specialist knowledge to stay up-to-date with innovations and developments in the industry and continues to offer best-practice solutions. Develop people in the team, and share the best practices.
- An interesting, challenging position in an international company,
- Work in a multicultural team,
- Modern office space,
- Training and opportunities to develop,
- Possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience,
- construction, manufacturing, project engineering, mechanical engineering, commissioning
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- Business Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥5M - 8M
- Job benefits
- Possibility of changing position, department, gaining new knowledge and experience
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.