Market Research Specialist Chapter
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- May 28, 2020
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
Market Research Specialist Chapter
The Agile management movement started in software development and is gaining significant traction in all industries globally.
The Agile model is a combination of iterative and incremental process models with focus on process adaptability and customer satisfaction by rapid delivery of results.
Agile Methods break the process into small incremental builds. Our company globally fully embraces agile and is rolling it out to their 3rd largest market, Japan.
Market Research Specialist Chapter plays a key role to incorporate the voice of our customer in our product strategy.
Summary of job scope:
Members of The Market Research Specialist Chapter are responsible for providing valuable insights to solve business issues through both conducting primary market research (not only to solve identified business issue but also to identify customer needs they are unaware of) and analyzing external data (claim data, syndicated research data, etc.) as an expert. And we are also responsible for actively working on tasks other than market research as one of squad members in an agile organization. This chapter has Senior Analyst / Consultant who specialized in market research (called “Market researcher”) and those who specialized in design research (called “Design researcher”).
“Market researcher” is mainly responsible for providing valuable customer insights and actionable proposals based on the results of primary research and/or external data analysis to successfully launch new products. Also responsible for sharing best practices surrounding research design, external data analysis (targeting analysis, market size analysis and so on) with team members.
Compared with Design research, Market research 1) requires research to solve identified business issues, 2) is conducted in a controlled environment, 3) values objective analysis over experience.
After hiring, “Market researcher” needs to lean technique of design research as the second priority.
Major responsibilities of role
- Lead primary researches for launch preparation of new product
- Provide timely and useful data through external data analysis
- Share best practices surrounding research design, external data analysis with team members
- Lead global primary research in Japan with global co-workers
- Lead customer focused researches
- Seek innovative ways to derive customer needs or their pain/delight points
- Proactively work as squad member
- Market research experience in pharma
- Experience conducting pre-launch research on new products (Market understanding, Drivers & Barriers, Positioning, Message test, etc.)
- Enough knowledge of external data in pharma like Sales data (IQVIA), Detail Call data (IQVIA, Intage), and Claim data (JMDC, MDV, Jmiri, NPA).
- Experience in Field Sales or Marketing
- Design research experience is preferable but not mandatory. It is possible to learn technique of design research after you’re hired
- Expected mindset & behaviors (Open mind, Sharing, Collaboration, Challenge, Purpose-driven, High integrity & Ethical, Patient focused, Diverse & Inclusive)
- Good communication with Japanese members
- Can speak business English
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥12M - 13M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.