COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS MANAGER
APS Recruitment Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 24, 2020
- Job type
- Career level
- Mid career
The position of compensation and benefits manager consists of planning, directing, or coordinating compensation and benefits activities and staff of an organization.
• Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
• Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop a competitive compensation plan.
• Design, evaluate and modify benefit policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements.
• Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
• Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations.
• Identify and implement benefits to increase the quality of life for employees, by working with brokers and researching benefit issues.
• Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefit selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Prepare budgets for personnel operations.
• Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
Qualifications and requirements
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
• Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Competencies (in order of importance)
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥7M - 10M