Associate Director, Procurement
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Apr 29, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Associate Director, Procurement
The department of Japan's indirect Procurement is an organization with the common objective of compliant, competitive, and innovative acquisition of goods & services from leading suppliers and partners that deliver a competitive advantage to our company. Also, it is a part of the Global Procurement function and closely works with JCAP (Japan, China, and the Asia Pacific) Procurement colleagues.
This position of Japan Indirect Procurement is responsible for
- Manage global or regional sourcing strategies, across the indirect categories of spend, at all global sites. The categories of activity include but are not limited to Marketing Services / Site Services / IT / HR. The person will develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders and external suppliers. The person oversees the implementation of the category plan to ensure the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Project management with the responsibility to simplify processes, drive operational excellence and implement the transformation program for the whole JCAP Procurement organization in line with the GSMG, GHH, and Japan strategies. The person will take an active role in the development of procurement strategy, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management process.
Primary Activities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Leadership - As a key leader of Japan's Indirect categories of spend, responsible to develop and then implement sourcing strategies and ensure alignment, compliance, and delivery of required business performance.
- Procurement Leadership - Provide the leadership, strategy, and policy for the category building a high-performance engagement model with the business and regions.
- Process - Realize sourcing management, supplier value management, risk management, as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery.
- Performance - Deliver ongoing savings as required, as well as meeting the stakeholder business requirements.
- Relationships - Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders, external suppliers, Procurement colleagues out of Japan.
- Change Management - Adopt high-quality change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing an organization that is sustainable.
- Supplier Value Management - Implement Supplier Value Management with the key suppliers in this category to foster innovation, manage supplier performance, establish a Governance Model, and ensure continuous improvement.
Secondary Language(s) Job Description
■ Over 7 years or more of Procurement experience in large size company
■ Experiences to work for a multinational company or work in a diversified environment
■ Able to work with internal customers to realize their needs with the most optimized cost.
■ Able to represent Japan position strongly in English to Global / Regional Procurement peers
■ Strong communication skills both in Japanese (Fluent) and English (TOEIC 800 or above)
■ Ability to think and express logically
- Global Logistics, pharmaceutical industry, procurement, Indirect procurement
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Business Level
- Annual Income
- ¥14M - 17M
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.