Associate Director, FPA
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- May 18, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
Associate Director, FPA
Associate Director (AD)/Business Partner is a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in Human Health (HH) Finance of Japan. The AD is to be a Finance representative to partners in HH commercial teams to broadly support & collaborate with them for budgeting, forecasting, analysis, or investment. The AD also collaborates with Reporting team in FP&A, inputting insights from the stakeholders for accurate forecasting and analysis.
Primary Activities / Responsibilities
- Establish close relationships between business partners including their commercial leaders, through daily communication and supports.
- Closely work with Reporting team to exchange insights to provide accurate forecasts and commentary.
- Support P3 in Business Partnership Team with leadership as AD
- Being representative of Finance as a partner to commercial teams. Stakeholders in the commercial team include the Executive officer and Ex. Directors. Discuss forecast assumptions and report monthly performance exchanging insights.
- Support budgeting and forecasting of Sales, Promotion, and Daily Expenses for business partners (Budget once a year. Reforecast 2-3 times every year). Prepare templates with Reporting team, coordinate commercial leaders’ reviews, verify partners’ inputs, support their presentation to commercial leaders.
- Analyze monthly variance between budget/forecast of Sales, Promotion, and Daily Expenses, and input to Reporting team for analysis report.
- Being familiar with financial tools such as SAP and other internally developed systems to investigate variances and verify forecast accuracy.
- Have business acumen through daily communication with partners. Join monthly catch-up with commercial leaders, present monthly/quarterly financial performance, and obtain their insights.
- Support business partners’ decisions providing accurate analysis, due diligence, and insights, including due diligence of Business Development deals.
- Find risk and opportunities for Sales outlook and cost/investment management.
Secondary Language(s) Job Description
- Basic understanding of Accounting skill/background (Japanese bookkeeping certification grade 2-3 level, or equivalent)
- Working experience in Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for 5 years or longer
- Intermediate or Advanced skills for financial data management – experience SAP or other major ERP, Excel.
- Intermediate presentation skills (inc PPT).
- English / Japanese communication in verbal/presentation/writing (Business fluency)
- Communication skills with businesses including Executives to discuss their forecast assumptions and to support finance due diligence.
- Strong analytical skills of financials /business plans, assumptions, act vs plans
- Quick catching up and natural curiosity to understand commercial scheme/practices of our Company / Pharmaceutical industry in Japan.
- Be flexible and comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Ability to challenge, think out of the box to propose and implement effective business solutions.
- Effective at working with cross-functional project teams with an emphasis on collective achievements.
- Be energetic, forward-looking, influential with a strong curiosity on diverse topics
- Working experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in pharmaceutical industries
- Intermediate skills of business intelligence tool such as Power BI
- Project management skill
- due diligence, financial modeling, pharmaceutical industry, FPA
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- ¥15M - 17M
LocationHIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.