Accounting Operations Manager
Lead Consulting Group Tokyo, Japan
- Posted on
- Feb 3, 2021
- Job type
- Career level
- Other Manufacturing
Accounting Operations Manager
Description & Requirements
- Leadership role responsible for managing the whole Accounts Receivables and Accounts payable process- manage a team up to maximum of 4 staff depending on experience.
- Lead the Deals and Allowance (D&A) area to ensure claims from customers are valid and payments are conducted properly. Manage up to maximum of 4 staff depending on experience.
- Take part in a new trade management system implementation to establish a new process of D&A management
- Day to day communication with customers and sales team to ensure that all relevant processes are facilitated smoothly and resolve all issues/conflicts/requests related to sales- invoicing and cash collections. Also manage all change requests for invoicing from customers and sales properly.
- Lead credit management process
- Work closely with the SCM team to ensure all the AP processes are conducted properly!
- Track and monitor AR and AP balances to prevent and handle overdue issues and responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Involve in month-end and year-end closings and reporting where relevant such as bad-debt provision and AR and AP aging reporting.
- Responsible for employee expense reimbursement process
- Review policies- sox requirements and procedures and take proactive actions to establish more efficient and effective controls. Handle requirements and engage in remediation activities based on Internal Audit feedback.
- Support Financial Controller for Internal/External Audit process to ensure documents required are ready in relevant areas.
- Liaise and communicate with customers/suppliers and sales and SCM team daily to ensure all Sales/Collections/D&A payment and AP processes are efficient and effective.
- Lead a cross-functional internal project to ensure all the relevant processes are enhanced and optimized- especially in accounts payable processes where SCM team are involved.
- Ad hoc analysis- project work where relevant
- Liaise with IT department with regards to systems issues and improvements for AR processes
- At least 7 -15 years proven experience in Accounting.
- Knowledge of general AR and AP processes
- Experience in process improvement along with relevant system implementation or enhancement
- Business level English
- Must be flexible- organized- able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize own work- set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with people and project a positive attitude.
- Experience in food or consumer goods industry
- Experience in inventory accounting and “import” process.
- Good knowledge in rebate custom in Japan
- Experiences of dealing with external authorities- like auditors and tax institutions- is desirable.
- Sox experience is desirable.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office are required with particular focus on Excel.
- SAP experience is preferred for future SAP implementation.
- Management, internal controls, finance, accounting, Operations,
- Education level
- Bachelor's Degree
- Japanese Level
- English Level
- Annual Income
- JPY 10M - 14M
- Job benefits
- Housing allowance and flexible working hours
- Welfare Benefits
Social insurance and other benefits
- Vacation Holidays
Japanese holidays and Annual leave
LocationHigashi Shimbashi Building 2-10-10
HIGASHISHIMBASHI (TSUGINOBIRUONOZOK, Minato-ku
105-0021 Tokyo, Japan
Experience in Internet and software is a plus
Lead Consulting Group
About UsLead Consulting Group is an executive recruitment consultancy company based in Japan.
We work closely with multinationals, midsize to small companies, governments and educational institutions in the areas of human capital management and related services in Japan.